|Licensed school psychologist, Amy Ehle,|
speaks about the Autistic Brain
A: At Legacy Healthcare, the second Tuesday of the month, attending a monthly speaker and dinner arranged just for them.
ASRC has been working with Legacy Healthcare and the Pediatric Therapy department to bring in speakers to educate and answer questions from parents with special needs children. Legacy provides pediatric physical, speech and occupational therapies for children at their location on the corner of Staples and Holly.
Some of the past speakers have included:
- an ABA Therapist speaking about "Understanding Your Child's Behavior"
- a financial group explaining "How to Plan Financially for Your Special Needs Child's Future"
- a dietitian speaking about "Strategies for an Autism Diet"
- a psychologist and her college-age autistic son explaining "How to Talk to Your Autistic Teenager About Growing Up"
- a special education lawyer from San Antonio speaking and answering questions about "Legal Strategies and Information about ARD Meetings"
- and a school psychologist speaking about the newest research "How the Autistic Brain Differs from the Neuro-typical Brain"